1. Do any proxy advisers cover our company and, if so, did any of them recommend against any of the items today? Also, why not disclose the proxies to the ASX and NZSE with the formal addresses like others across the ditch now regularly do?
2. Given the interesting discussions across a range of topics today, could the chair undertake to make full transcript of proceedings available on the company's website, along with the webcast archive. The likes of Nine, AGL, ASX, ANZ, Domino's and Lend Lease all produced their 1st AGM transcripts across the ditch in 2021. Will you follow suit today?
3. When disclosing the outcome of voting on all resolutions today, including this auditor rem item, could you please advise the ASX and NZSE how many shareholders voted for & against each item, similar to what happens with a scheme of arrangement in Australia? This will provide a better gauge of retail shareholder sentiment on all resolutions and was a disclosure initiative adopted by the likes of Metcash, Altium, Dexus, Webjet and Tabcorp across the ditch in recent years in order to encourage greater retail voter participation.
4. Why do we get a vote on auditor remuneration and not executive remuneration? Seeing as we are dual listed in Australia, why not voluntarily adopt Australian law and commit to offering shareholders a non-binding remuneration vote each year. Will you do this in 2024?
5. The New Zealand Herald was controlled and run by the Horton family for many years, until the first takeover battles unfolded in the mid-1990s. Do we have any residual ties to the Horton family, even just informal social catch-ups with surviving members of the founding family?
6. Despite owning New Zealand's biggest daily newspaper and the country's largest commercial radio network, our current market capitalisation is only $A175 million. Are there any limitations on ASX listed companies such as Nine Entertainment Company or the Murdoch-controlled News Corporation from making a takeover bid for our company? Which foreign companies are currently prominent in the New Zealand media market, besides the big US tech players?
Copyright © 2023 The Mayne Report. All rights reserved