Statement by Stephen Mayne
1. I would like to state on record that the CCSSCI were correct in believing the expansion of the On-Luck Nursing Home could not proceed without the approval of the Planning Minister.
2. My comments made in The Manningham Leader on 17 February 2010 were intended to convey my personal view, as a councillor, that I had not been fully informed of the expansion proposal prior to the application to the Minister.
3. I acknowledge that some council officers and the then Mayor were informed of CCSSCI's intention to expand the On-Luck Nursing Home.
4. To the extent my comments were interpreted by any readers as suggesting that CCSSCI had acted improperly, I repudiate any such interpretation and apologise for any damage caused to CCSSCI's reputation as a result of any such interpretation.
5. I am pleased these issues are now resolved. ends
Click here to see how The Manningham Leader reported news of the settlement.